Functions And Roles of OCC
Role and Function of the Controller as per Electronic Transaction Act
- Licensing Certifying Authorities (CAs) under the Electronic Transaction Act and exercising supervision over their activities.
- Controller of Certifying Authorities as the Root Authority certifies the technologies and practices of all the Certifying Authorities licensed to issue Digital Signature Certificates
- Certifying the public keys of the CAs, i.e. their Digital Signature
- Certificates more commonly known as Public Key Certificates (PKCs).
- Laying down the standards to be maintained by the CAs,
- Addressing the issues related to the licensing process including:
- Approving the Certification Practice Statement(CPS);
- Auditing the physical and technical infrastructure of the applicants through a panel of auditors maintained by the CCA